Monday, March 30, 2009

Blackboard Juuungle...

To be honest with you...the film didn't impress me what so ever. As sad and cruel as this may sound the only entertaining part of the film was the almost rape scene where Dadier breaks the glass in the door and runs in to the rescue and clobbers the kid who is doing the grabby grabby. What's up with the kid's face ??? I didn't think he got that messed up. When discussing this scene in class a lot of people had mentioned the woman to be a little too riskay..but I don't know...she didn't really dress the part..I mean, she was in a dress that went either to or just past her knees and that buttoned up to her neck...Although she was a little flirtatious, like when we say her and Dadier near the end of the film at the practice. Weird.
Right from the start I wasn't too keen on Dadier...in fact I didn't like his character at all. But again...I'm really not much of a fan of these type of "feel good" films...they bore me quickly...althouuugghhh...that one film where Antonio Banderas came to the school and they all danced and what not...I found that to be rather entertaining...Hah !

The relationship between Dadier and his wife was just so incredibly awkward...for them and the viewer I think. The pressure he puts on her with the baby is just plain ridiculous...

Why didn't his wife come out and ask Dadier about the letters ? I wanted her to confront him about it in the worst kind of way..Maybe because she didn't want to believe that he would do such a thing ?

I will say that my favorite character was the one older teacher...the one that kept looking at the woman teacher...I don't remember her name..the one that came on to Dadier. That whole thing with the male teachers cheacking her out...I don't know..just hilarious I guess.

I want to point out this picture I saw...why is the main image of the woman in the library during that almost rape scene??? Out of every picture or image they could have put up...they put that one..haha.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, feel good films tend to bore me too, but for some reason this one hooked me. Maybe I'm just a sucker, I dunno. I think the promiscuous teacher didn't seem all that risqué because our perception of that type of behavior is much more outward now-a-days. God, I hope I don't sound like my Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree with you, I thought the film was pretty impressive for when it came out. I didn't think this film was as such a "feel good" as a this is what happens when change needs to happen. But I love that Antonio Banderas film! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it was supposed to be a 'feel good' film at all--it certainly wasn't perceived that way when it came out. Just the opposite, in fact. People thought that it was going to incite acts of juvenile delinquency, and it really hit the anxious edge of moral panic about youth run amok.

    ReplyDelete