Friday, April 17, 2009

Clint Eastwood ? YES, PLEASE !

There was ALWAYS something about Clint Eastwood that had me trippin. For as long as I can remember I've had this huge..THING for him. I had noted in my very first blog (Stagecoach) that because of my great-grandfather and spending quite a bit of time with my grandparents.., I really seemed to love Western films. The first film I had seen with Clint Eastwood was Hang 'em High. Awesome. So young...so ....good looking, then and now of course. Hmmm mmm ! Here's a little clip. There's just something about this man...brilliant actor, and director.

I had seen bits a pieces of this film a long time back, and so it was nice to finally watch it in its entirety. This film had my attention the whole time. There just didn't seem to be any slow parts. The film was able to grab (and keep) my attention with the spots of comedy that flowed in and out...the story line also had a pretty good consistent flow, there really wasn't at any point throughout the film where I had wished the pace to pick up.

The little guy. HILARIOUS. "I'm the new sheriff...I'm the new sheriff...and the mayor..."

Professor asked us to keep an eye out for the "rape" scene. I'm rather skeptical on how much of a rape scene it was....she ENJOYED IT. ...you're not supposed to enjoy RAPE...as far as I understand...BUT ..to be honest, I was expecting much worse...and it to NOT be Clint Eastwood doing the raping...weird. I think the worst part of it was the shot from her point of view where the camera angle upwards showing him buckling his pants back up...I thought that was just...awkward.. ALSO,..the fact that the townspeople where just so okay with it. For instance, Mordecai was standing there grinning and just loving it. WTF? Really ?? Another thing...the woman totally wanted Eastwood's attention, stomping and deliberatly plowing him in the shoulder.

Speaking of Mordecai...who couldn't stop thinking about Children of the Corn whenever her showed up, or when someone said his name ??

Something else I wanted to add about the film...the music...amazing.

Okay okay okay...can I show you one of the best scenes ever ??? First of all..my all time favorite Villain... LEE VAN CLEEEEEEF !!!!! He's the man, common...I mean..LOOK AT HIM ! Okay okay...so the final showdown in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly..anyone...anyone?? I get so pumped about it. I can't tell you how many times I've sat in my basement at home during winterbreaks and just watched this film. A little sad..a little pathetic perhaps...but that's how I like spending my time.

Watch it -----> FINAL SHOWDOWN

2 comments:

  1. I think that is hilarious you are that attracted to Clint, granted he is a cultural icon and is the man. I too have loved Clint, not for all the same reasons as you of course, but because Clint is the ultimate bad ass. I loved High Plains Drifter, and just made me more excited to finally see Gran Torino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's pretty charismatic alright....

    ReplyDelete