Sunday, April 19, 2009

Petey Wheatstrawwwwww

Giving birth to a watermelon...and...that doctor...what a total CREEP ! He loved it...total nut.
I don't think that image...or scene is going to ever leave my head...

I'm pretty positive on the fact that this is my first Blaxploitation film. Pretty goofy, bizarre, and pretty racist...ha...buuut, hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQz1ZybiEA

I don't really have much to say...although, seeings how I haven't seen any, I am incredibly curious as to what a new age blaxploitation film may look like. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. Black exploiation films are something I have been interested to for a few years now- just because they truly represent a historical time in America. other great films to check out are Pam Grier films, Shaft, and others like the Petey Wheatstraw. Classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Age blaxploitation sounds just so hilariously wrong. Somebody needs to make one. Tarantino kind of has, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music in this movie kicked ass I thought. I like the theme song "Petey Wheatstraw" As far as new blaxsploitation goes I would agree that Jackie Brown kind of gets at that stuff, but not taking it to this level. I don't even know who could/would make a modern one. I posted this on someone else's, but check out the film the Baadasssss! by Mario Van Peebles about his father. I know it's kind of cheating for a modern blaxploitation but check it out anyway.

    ReplyDelete